One to One Wax Tuition Session
Encaustic wax art is a unique medium to work with as the liquid wax can create stunning effects. No artistic abilities or previous experience is required for this activity and all materials are supplied including the hire of your own encaustic tools.
My aim is to create a welcoming, fun and unpretentious space for you to unleash your creativity! Be free to have a play and have fun discovering your inner artist!
We will cover:
- A brief history and introduction to encaustic wax art and the equipment & materials used.
- A guided demonstration of the basic techniques with the encaustic iron and wax.
- A demonstration on basic mark making techniques which can be achieved using the encaustic iron, scribing tool, heated stylus and hot air gun.
- A guided tutorial in which you will produce a structured picture using the techniques taught to take away.
- I can show you samples of my work demonstrating how flexible encaustic art can be.
The duration of this 1 to 1 taster session with Emma in her art room is 2 hours, which includes the hire of encaustic equipment and materials used.
If you would like to enquire about a session with Emma please email firstname.lastname@example.org
"Just wanted to say thank you for introducing me to encaustic wax. I enjoyed the talk and taster session you provided for our art club so much I asked my family for your starter kit and lesson for my birthday. What a brilliant idea it turned out to be! The morning went by too fast! I... am now exploring what the wax can do? My folks are impressed with my first effort, a birthday card.
Thanks again for the introduction to this very relaxing medium."