Encaustic Wax Demonstration and Taster Session.
Learn about the history of painting with wax and learn the different mark-making techniques used to create the unique artworks in this compelling medium. Watch in fascination as Emma manipulates the wax to form varied subject matter at your chosen school or venue. Perfect for Art Groups and any other clubs and societies.
We will cover:
- A brief history and introduction into encaustic wax art and the equipment & materials used.
- A Guided step-by-step demonstration displaying a range of techniques using the encaustic iron, scribing tool, heated stylus.
- Watch from Emma's perspective with the aid of a visualizer and displayed on a large screen, for all to see!
- Observe in fascination as beautiful seascapes, landscape and floral forms emerge from the wax!
- Further samples of Emma's work will be shown demonstrating how flexible encaustic art can be.
- Emma will facilitate a question and answer session.
The demonstration lasts approximately 1 hour and is followed by the Taster Session. Prices for the Demonstration and Taster Session start from as little as £95*.
After the demonstration your group can try out Encaustic Artwork for themselves in the 'Taster Session' This will allow everyone to have a quick go and produce something to take home whilst I give guidance on basic mark making techniques.
To request a quote for your demonstration and taster session CLICK HERE.
*Prices subject to change dependant on time and distance travelled.
"Thank you so much for your well presented, informative and enjoyable demonstration of encaustic wax art. It was obvious you had given a great deal of thought and time to its preparation, allowing us a thorough insight into its use in all the different genres.
The idea of using a projector made it possible for everyone to see easily and clearly what you were doing.
The group was most impressed and we wish you well in your career both as an artist and demonstrator."
Sue Hughes, Art Group Leader